Wright's Jewellers pieces are made with high quality precious materials. Each piece is made with love and great care, and if you treat it right, our jewellery can last a lifetime.
Please take note of the following general guidelines, and if you're unsure how to care for your jewellery please visit us in store or email email@example.com
We recommend annual inspection and professional cleaning of your jewellery - our friendly team are happy to help.
Your jewellery should be the last thing you put on in the morning, and the first thing you take off at night.
- Polish frequently with a soft polishing cloth to maintain the shine. Polishing cloths are available to purchase in store.
- Store jewellery separately in a tarnish-resistant jewellery box or jewellery pouch, and keep it away from abrasive surfaces.
- Handle jewellery with love and care, especially pearls. Be extra careful not to drop them on the floor or knock them against hard surfaces, as this could damage their delicate structures.
- Remove jewellery prior to swimming, bathing, gardening and doing sports or other physical activity.
- Limit contact with make-up, creams, perfume, sunscreen and lotions.
Keep silver jewellery away from harsh chemicals like household cleaning fluids, as they create abrasions and reduce the lustre of the metal. Silver jewellery is best cleaned with a professional jewellery cleaning product. Thoroughly dry your silver jewellery after exposure to water.
GOLDKeep gold jewellery away from harsh chemicals like household cleaning fluids, as they create abrasions and reduce the lustre of the metal. Gold jewellery is best cleaned with warm water and detergent-free soap. Thoroughly dry your gold jewellery after exposure to water.
GOLD PLATED Gold plating will eventually wear off over time, however exposure to nail polish removers, perfume, hairspray and harsh cleaning products can accelerate this process. We also do not recommend using a polishing cloth or strong jewellery cleaner on these pieces, instead clean them frequently in a mild dishwashing liquid diluted in water.
To enjoy your gold plated jewellery for longer it’s best to treat them as “sometimes” pieces rather than everyday ones.
Rhodium plating is used to give white gold a shiny and bright finish. Rhodium plating will eventually fade and need to be replated, however exposure to nail polish removers, perfume, creams, hairspray and harsh cleaning products can accelerate this process.
If your jewellery does become in need of replating please contact us for a quote.
PEARLS Pearls are the most delicate of the gemstones – it’s part of what makes them special, but also means they ask for thoughtful care and wear.
- After each wear, wipe your pearls with a soft cloth. This will help prevent any buildup of oils or other substances that may have come into contact with your jewellery throughout the day.
- Clean with a damp cloth only as needed. If your pearls are visibly stained, mix a solution of lukewarm water and a mild dish soap, dip a soft cleaning cloth and use it to gently wipe the pearls.
- Do not submerge strung pearls in water, as this will weaken the silk thread.
- Let strung pieces dry all the way before storing. This helps preserve the silk thread.
- Pearls do best in a moist environment, so wearing them frequently keeps them from drying out.